Although mixed use projects have been in existence for centuries, the challenges of construction defect litigation over the past 20 years, limited availability of land in many metropolitan areas, and the limited underwriting interest from insurance carriers, has resulted in many projects being cancelled due to the cost of insurance and in some cases, the lack of availability of sufficient liability limits.
This has resulted in new policy forms, starting with the construction process, referred to as Owner or Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIP’s/CCIP’s).
As a leading broker in the Construction industry, we build long term relationships, starting from the date you acquire the property for future development.
Our experience with many of the leading trade associations for both the construction and real estate industries include:
- Serving on the Board of the West Los Angeles Chapter of the Community Association Institute
- Teaching a segment of a course designed by the Institute of Real Estate Management
- Developing a program for the California Apartment Association
- Membership in the United States Green Building Council
- Serving on the Agent’s Council of Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company, Prudential-LMI Insurance Company, Civil Service Insurance Company and California Capital Insurance Company