We are actively recruiting for an experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager with specific experience in the construction industry to join the InterWest team. This position requires an Account Manager who can provide high-level client service and the ability to develop and articulate innovative strategies to address the unique insurance needs of our clients. This role is also responsible for enhancing and solidifying client retention.
This position can be based in our Chico, Merced, Redding, Roseville, Sacramento, or Woodland offices.
InterWest has been recognized continually for our outstanding client service, company culture and community service. Our clients’ financial growth and security is our top priority. We understand that as the insurance world evolves and competition intensifies, the need for innovative thinking increases.
We continue to develop new, creative insurance solutions for our clients and effective work processes and tools for our employees. Our structure is based on successful teamwork, both internally and with our external partners. We have one strong unifying vision, which is to continuously flourish as an industry leader and be the best organization we can be.
Our team is comprised of talented professionals who:
- thrive in a high energy organization
- have a desire to provide the highest quality of customer service
- are committed to giving back to the communities in which we work and live
- maintain the highest ethical standards
- enjoy a culture that encourages life-work balance
- value an inclusive, diverse work environment
Job duties and Responsibilities:
The essentials and responsibilities for the position include the items listed below. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Maintain consistent and continuous communication with assigned clients, including tasks related to new business set up and applications, renewal applications and marketing
- Experienced understanding of insurance industry a basic understanding of the overall company
- Apply experienced knowledge and understand the extent and terms of the coverage offered
- Engage in the service process in tandem with a Broker to successfully support the client by establishing best practices and meet the service expectations of clients in accordance with the Commercial Lines Standards and workflows
- Maintain current and accurate client data in the Agency Management System
- Maintain timeliness and completeness of work when interacting with clients, agency, and carrier personnel to minimize potential for errors and omissions claims
- Account processing including, but not limited to review of quotes, policy changes and endorsement processing, preparing proposals, binding coverage, basic insurance related contract review, preparing certificate templates and correct policy forms, invoicing, premium financing and confirming policy accuracy for delivery to client, and processing final audits
- Resolve issues relating to accounting or client billing
- Review and process pending cancellations and final cancellations
- Escalate client issues to Supervisor or advise the Broker on client issues as appropriate
- Provide needed information to clients, carriers, Broker and other internal personnel
- Regular attendance and participation in InterWest’s industry specific practice groups (if applicable)
- Participate in seminars/webinars and other trainings to maintain required skill levels and further develop career and industry knowledge
- Work towards a designation such as CISR or equivalent
- Maintain required continuing education annually to ensure renewal of Property and Casualty Broker-Agent License
- 7+ years general insurance account management experience
- 3-5 years’ experience working on construction accounts
- Education – High school diploma required
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Required Certification – Property and Casualty Broker-Agent License
Starting compensation for this specific role (all salary decisions are based on experience, skills, education, training, certifications and licenses, book of business assigned, and geographical location):
$47,500 – $80,000