We are actively recruiting for an experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager with specific experience in the construction industry in addition to experience working with middle to large market accounts to join the InterWest team. This role is responsible for enhancing and solidifying client relationships by providing exceptional customer service with a focus on client retention. The Commercial Lines Account Manager also provides high level support to producers, is professional, self-motivated and driven.
This position can be based in our Chico, Merced, Redding, or Sacramento office.
Develops effective client relationships by:
- Maintaining consistent and continuous communication with assigned clients.
- Providing prompt and courteous service and assistance to clients as needed.
- Meeting or exceeding the customer service expectations of clients in accordance with agency standards and workflows.
- Providing needed information, and resolving problems for clients.
Performs or assists with account administration by:
- Completing client servicing tasks related to new business set up and applications, renewal applications, and policy research.
- Maintaining current and accurate customer databases and files.
- Assisting in account processing, including but not limited to preparing proposals, ordering policies, binders, ID cards, certificates, invoicing, premium financing and processing policies.
- Understanding or determining the reasons for account cancellations or potential cancellations to prevent reoccurrences or missed opportunities to save an account.
- Resolving issues relating to accounting or client billing.
Ensures the accuracy and value of service to clients by:
- Maintaining competency and knowledge of client data including policy information, significant dates and deadlines, and changes to client records.
- Escalating client issues or advising the Producer on client issues as appropriate.
- Participating in seminars and other training to maintain required skill levels and enhance job and industry knowledge.
Meets annual continuing education requirements for renewal of Property and Casualty Broker-Agent License.
Performs other duties as requested by the Commercial Lines Supervisor and / or Commercial Lines Senior Manager.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry, coverages and markets
- Experience working with complex construction accounts
- Experience working on middle market to large accounts
- 7+ years general insurance / account management experience
- Education – High school diploma required; some college level coursework preferred
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Required Certification – Property and Casualty Broker-Agent License