Employers with 10 or more employees must post their completed OSHA Form 300A by Feb. 1 and keep it posted in their workplace until April 30.
The form must be posted where the company usually posts other employee notices, like minimum wage and workplace safety notices. Form 300A summarizes the total number of fatalities, missed workdays, job transfers or restrictions, and injuries and illnesses at a business, as recorded on Form 300.
The Summary (Form 300A) requires the following information from the Form 300 Log:
- The total number of non-first-aid occupational injury and illness cases.
- The number of cases with days away from work and cases with job transfer or restriction, and the number of other recordable cases.
- The cumulative number of days from all injuries or illnesses, including days away from work and job transfer restrictions.
- The number of occupational injury/illness cases, including skin disorders, respiratory conditions, poisoning, hearing loss and all other illnesses.
If your business recorded no injuries or illnesses last year, you must enter “zero” on the total line and still post the form, which must be signed and certified by a company executive.
The following employers are also required to electronically submit 300A data online to OSHA:
- Employers with 250 or more employees at an establishment.
- Employers with 20-249 employees at an establishment in industries on OSHA’s High Hazard Industry list.
The last day employers can submit their forms electronically is March 2.
Employers must also record work-related COVID-19 cases like any other occupational incident. To be recordable, an illness must be work-related and result in one or more of the following:
- Days away from work
- Restricted work or transfer to another job
- Medical treatment beyond first aid
- Loss of consciousness
- A significant injury or illness diagnosed by a physician or other licensed health care professional
If a work-related COVID-19 case meets any of these criteria, covered employers must record the case on their 300 and 300A forms.